Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Six Year Stats

Linda went in for her 6 year check up this afternoon. She asked me all week if she was going to have to get shots. I didn't think she would, but told her I didn't know, just in case. Well, turns out with our move last year somehow there were shots she never got that she was supposed to have for school. So, she had to get 2 shots and a TB test.
The second I broke the news to her she went in to a total panic attack. I've never seen anything like it. She wouldn't move and she just started crying her eyes out. I had all four of my kids with me and I was at a loss. Before the nurse came in to the room I tried to calm her down. I sat by her and hugged her and tried talking to her about it. She was still screaming. So then I get upset thinking I need to really get her attention so that she'll calm down. That didn't work either. When the nurse walked in the room it went from bad to worse. She wouldn't let the nurse anywhere in her. Linda is really strong and it was all I could do to keep her on the table. Even worse, the nurse starts chiming in telling Linda that if she doesn't calm down that she will go get other adults to come hold her down. Uhh, hello! Is this supposed to calm a scared girl down? Finally, I get the nurse to leave the room and being on the verge of tears myself at this point I finally get Linda to agree to calm down enough to get the shots. Luckily, the other kids were really good. I think they were afraid if they made a peep they'd be next up on the table. :)
Also, they gave Linda a hearing test 3 times and each time she missed a certain tone. So, we go back in 3weeks to retest just to be on the safe side.
Her eyesight was 20/20 so that is great.
Long day at the Dr.'s office with the kids. Here are Linda's stats:
weight: 45lbs. (52nd percentile)
height: 45 3/4" (59th percentile)
BMI - 50th percentile

3 comments:

Ginger said...

this is such a cute picture of Linda!

Stephanie Pilling said...

Oh my goodness! I hate shots too, though, so I hardly blame her for freaking out. They're no fun. For mom or kids!

Stephanie Pilling said...

Oh yes, and the picture of Linda is so endearing!!