Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Life As I Know It

For the last 7 years or so, life as I've known it has been primary and babies. I've had all of my kids really close together so I've been pregnant or taking care of a newborn/infant for the majority of my married life. It has been a blessing.  I have also, for almost as many years, been serving in the Primary organization of the church as president(twice), counselor, secretary, and briefly a teacher. This has also been a blessing. I've learned so much.

Now, all of these years later, things have changed. We feel, for now, that our family is complete. This has been an adjustment for me. My body is not used to NOT being pregnant. :) But, I am enjoying this new stage of life. With my youngest being 2yrs. old, life has actually gotten a little easier.
Also, this past Sunday I was released from Primary and called to serve as the 2nd Counselor in Young Womens organization. I have felt for a little while now that it was time for me to move on from primary for the time being. I guess the Lord agreed. :) I am excited for the change of pace. On Sunday I realized that when you serve in Young Womens you get to attend Sunday School with your husband!! It's been years! I enjoyed it, but felt a little unproductive just sitting there learning. :) I think I will learn a lot from this calling. One day I will have 4 teenagers at the same time in my house. I'm hoping this will help me learn about what I can expect.

So, here's to all I have to learn this next year with life as I know it changing a bit.

1 comment:

Stephanie Pilling said...

You'll be perfect in YW--what better role model than a mother who's devoted so much to her little ones!