We found out yesterday that our good friends here in Oceanside, their 9 year old son Max did not survive a boating accident this weekend. It is very sad, KaDee has taught him in primary. I imagine it will be somber meetings in church today, including testimony meeting. We'll be attending the funeral on Wednesday, which may be difficult to find a babysitter.
I have a new job at work which is a little more exciting than what I've been doing. I will be going through all our loan files and deciding which cases we want to foreclose on. I'll have to analyze our equity position, the local markets, etc. The goal being to sale the properties and recover tax payer dollars, while trying to avoid REO (Real Estate Owned). The Center hasn't foreclosed on a loan in years, but I'm happy to earn my pay.
KaDee's sister is in the process of transforming our home into a Reception Venue for her wedding. It's interesting. We now have a lightpost in our backyard with some other fire sticks. I'm sure there will be more to come. KaDee's sister is also having Famous Dave's cater the event so we had to test the food yesterday, the bright spot in the Wedding planning!
Argentina lost yesterday and that was a disappointment. I have some players that I'm not happy with but Germany played them well. I guess I'll cheer for Uruguay in the Simis. I suppose Zane is cheering for the dutch.
Claire is 90% potty trained. She may have an accident every couple days but she is sleeping without a diaper and doing very well going on her own.
Bruce is signed up for his second season of soccer. He wanted to do it again. I think he will do well, especially since he may be repeating the same division as last year. I will not be coaching!
As I try to get in Dad's suit for the wedding, I'm down another three pounds. Though I've written off this weekend, I'll be back again on Tuesday. (I am eating less than the Bride and Groom I've noticed)
I tried my hand at Squash Casserole yesterday. Didn't turn out that great because I made it low carb substituting the bread crumbs with porkrines. With all the sqash coming out of dad's garden, maybe someone can share their best recipe. I really want to do a soup next.
I will not be running for the Miracosta School Board. I just don't think I can match the time commitment as the other Board members. They seem to have made it a full-time job.
No comments:
Post a Comment