Monday, February 21, 2011

A First

Jane and I went to Claire's(ironic) in the mall and we got her ears pierced! She has been asking me if she could get them pierced. Today while daddy was at home with our Claire and the big kids were at school we went and got them done. We had to stand there and watch one girl get hers done ahead of us. Luckily that girl didn't cry.
                                                 Here's Jane while we were waiting.
They let her sit on my lap while she got them done. She did shed a couple of tears but more out of anxiety than pain. She said it stung a little bit.
                                     Here is the before picture of her ear.
Afterwards she wanted to get a smoothie for being brave. You can see her cute little earrings.
Linda loves to look at Jane's earrings but has no desire to get hers pierced. I didn't get mine pierced until I was at college.

2 comments:

Ginger said...

You did it!!!! Jane is so tough she can handle anything!

Erin said...

I love that you let her get her ears pierced. I wasn't allowed to until I was 14 or 16 (can't remember), my mom never did hers, and if it were up to Jim, he'd never allow it for Ella. I still haven't decided if I want to have a minimum age or not for her. If I were living in Latin America, I would have done it when she was a baby. I like that.