Sunday, February 20, 2011

Lost and Found

About 1yr. ago Bruce lost his first tooth. Within a day or so of that he lost his 2nd tooth. When they came out the adult teeth were already in just behind them. So, it never looked like he was toothless. Then, we had a dry spell. I see all of the other kids his age missing a lot of teeth but Bruce kept his. The Dentist assured me that his teeth were normal and that some of them were just sitting there without root or anything. Yesterday Bruce had 5 loose teeth. Being the impatient mother that I am, we have really been working on getting at least one of them out. Bruce tried everything. A couple days ago we tied dental floss around it and Bruce got it pretty loose.
The night before last I was sure it would come out so I gave it a good pull....Nothing.
Yesterday morning Bruce woke me up missing a tooth! It fell out in his sleep and he found it under his bed! All of that work and it comes out on its own. When will I ever learn?  :)
Here is his new smile! You can already see the new tooth moving in. The tooth fairy visited him last night and he was really excited.

No comments: