Sunday, February 6, 2011

Cub Scout Preview

Bruce will be turning 8yrs. old in August and starting Cub Scouts. He has been looking forward to Cub Scouts for a long time. The Stake had a Blue & Gold dinner for the current Cub Scouts and for all of the 7yr. old boys that will turn 8yrs. old this year. Bruce was so excited to be able to be a part of it. He was also invited to attend Boy Scouts one night last week. He had a great time. Sister P. is his primary teacher and will also be his Cub Scout leader when he's old enough.

I'm at Young Women's during Cub Scouts so I was able to peak in and take a picture of Bruce. Yes, I'm the embarrassing mom that sneaks in and takes pictures. :)
They had pizza and bread sticks at the Blue and Gold dinner. It was so crazy with so many little boys around, but my kids had a fun time.
Each troop did a little skit. (Bruce is on the for left)
I was a little teary during the event. I'm sure other mom's may think I'm crazy for getting emotional about things like this. I just love Bruce so much. I'm really trying to take in every moment of him growing up. I think we'll enjoy the Cub Scout program when the time comes. I think we'll enjoy it all the more knowing we only have to go through it one time. :)

No comments: