Friday, January 28, 2011

Young Womens

I got called to be the 2nd Counselor in Young Womens a few months ago. I have only ever served in Relief Society and primary so I was nervous about working with teenagers. I have to say that I LOVE IT. I was really suprised at how much I enjoy it. I love the girls and I love the women I work with. They are wonderful. Our Young Womens is small, like 9girls. We have 4more coming in shortly so that will be good. I enjoy our Sunday lessons and our weekly activities. Here are a few pictures from a couple of the activities we've had so far.
         We went and visited an eldery man in our ward. He is 91. He told us stories of his life. His wife died not too long ago. He missed her so much and I was touched by the love he has for her.
Nancy and I have birthdays about a week apart. Our YW Advisor made us this awesome cake. We had game night that night and had a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Pamela said...

It looks like you're having a blast with the YW. That cake is amazing. I need to learn how to do something like that.