As most of you know already, KaDee convinced me to do Facebook last month. I thought it would be a good opportunity for me to possibly connect with those I taught or knew in Argentina before the temple dedication. So far, I am happy to say that it has been a real joy. Unfortunately my mind is not that great, so hopefully things keep coming to me.
In this recent picture is the family of Eliseo and Carolina. They are baptizing their oldest daughter. I taught Carolina and her mom in 1995 when she was 19 years old. Carolina was very cold to us, but her mom was very receptive. Her mom was to be baptized, but in a last ditch effort to help Carolina we asked her to fast and pray. After 24 hours, we returned. The spirit had touched her heart, and she knew it was true. It was the first time that I had seen her smile. I remember the joy that emanated from her. Well, she served a mission at 21, returned and married Eliseo, a member of the church. They appear to be doing well. Good for them!
I had another great surprise a couple days ago with a lady I taught in my first area. I haven’t talked to her since 1994, when I was so bad with Spanish. I only had her first name, Adriana, a very popular name in Argentina. I just thought it would be impossible to find her, and if I was lucky enough to find her that she would be far from the church. Nope, I was wrong. A lady on Facebook recognized her right away, from the baptism photo that mom had scanned for me. Says she is very active in the church and attends each week with her 15 year old son. Adriana asked for my email address to write me. She was the first person that I baptized in my life!
Obviously not everyone is on Facebook. And Facebook search options are difficult and tedious. But I’m happy so far.
(Just as I was about to post this, I got an wonderful invite from a family I taught.)

No comments:
Post a Comment