Wednesday, December 30, 2009

My boss has given ground on his fight against my transfer. He called me in his office and the conversation went something like this:

Bin: Have you talked to your wife? Or changed your mind at all?

Robert: When I came to talk to you before, it wasn’t a rash decision. This is something we have been discussing for a couple months.

Bin: Well you know, I won’t get in your way. I just want to do everything possible to talk you out of this.

Robert: Well, that interesting, because since my mind is made up, I have been wondering what I could say to you to change your mind.

Bin: Understood. I want to make sure you consider everything.
He then went on to list all the reasons I should stay and not go. Then he said something like “Well, since I can’t change your mind, I guess I won’t stand in your way. John and I will go in and talk with Grady about the details. When were you thinking about leaving?”

So, the last and most important player is Grady. He will be back in the office next week. I have told his second in command that I would like it on his agenda. We’ll see.

No comments: