Wednesday, December 30, 2009

2 days and counting...

Bruce -
"Mom, a lot of things are changing since we're moving. Like, we eat dinner on the floor, we have beds that are just mattresses on the floor, and we have A LOT of trash."

Yes, our house decor consists of mattresses on the floor and a small tv in Bruce's room on the floor that will be officially be turned off tomorrow. Nearly all the clothes are packed in suitcases.
The owner has had a lot of people schedule showings of the house. We had two today. That's been stressful and I'm glad I only have to deal with it for two more days. We sold some stuff on Craigslist then put everything else up for FREE and had a great response. We only have a few small things to get rid of. The piece of furniture I find myself missing the most is a table and chairs.
We fly out of VA around 7am(4am for you guys). We got Claire a ticket and her carseat is airline approved, so she'll be in her carseat for the majority of the flight and I'm hoping she'll sleep since we'll be getting her up early. We were able to pick seats so we have the entire row on both sides of the aisle.
We should arrive in Fallbrook around 1pm, I think. We'll leave the kids in Fallbrook and Robert and I will head out to look at homes in Oside. We have 4appointments set up. Robert flies out the next morning. The kids and I will probably spend a lot of the week in Palm Desert at my moms house. She was recently laid off at her work, along with a lot of the other employees, so I'm going to take advantage of getting to spend time with her. I'll be back to Oside to look at homes if the ones we look at on Saturday don't work out. I'm not sure what my schedule will be, just playing it by ear.
Just thought I'd give you the update.

No comments: