Thursday, June 30, 2011

Really Claire??

This afternoon, Linda and Claire were playing together. Claire took off running in to the kitchen, not paying attention to what was in front of her. She ran right in to the open utensil drawer and got clotheslined. She was flat on her back. Her forehead was cut. It bled heavily for a moment then stopped, but the cut was open wider than a normal cut and I thought she may need a stitch or two. I took her to an Urgent Care and he was able to close it up with medical super glue and she has to keep it covered for three days.

     Well, that should be the end of the story. But, in true Claire fashion, she has to spice our life up.
So, after checking Claire's head the Dr. does a regular examination and during that exam he checked her ears. When he looked in her right ear he asked me if she ever puts stuff in her ears. I told him that I didn't think so. He tells me he isn't sure if he's seeing a very swollen ear drum or some kind of bead. He tells me to come back in 4days and he'll look at it again. Well, when a Dr. can't recognize the difference between and eardrum and a bead, it's time to stop going to that Dr. So, I took her to her regular pediatrician this afternoon and sure enough she had a small white bead in her ear! He said he'd give it one shot at getting it out then if he couldn't do it he would send me to the Ear, Nose and Throat Specialist. Luckily, he was able to get it out on his first try. He said if it had been left in her ear much longer it could have caused a serious infection in her body.
So, in a way, it was a blessing that she hurt her head, because that is how they discovered the bead. Oh Claire, you always keep me busy. :)
This is the bead taken out of her ear. A couple weeks back I broke a necklace that had these small beads on it. I threw the necklace away and didn't think a thing of it....until today.

1 comment:

mamadonna said...

Only Claire! She needs a regular check-up! :)