Monday, June 13, 2011

Summer 2011 Has Begun!

To say that we were ready for summer to start is an understatement. By the end of the school year I am READY for summer. The alarm clock is turned off, we no longer have to worry about spelling tests and homework, and honestly, the little girls and I were getting lonely in the days. :) It's a nice change to have everyone home to enjoy summer.
School let out last Wednesday. Bruce and Linda did great in school this year and they're excited that we are all settled in and that they get to go to the same school for two whole years in a row. :)
The first event of this summer is Aunt Suzanne's baby being born. I picked up the big kids from school on Wednesday and we headed out to Palm Springs, CA. My sister, Suzanne, had been admitted to the hospital with a bad case of Toxemia. Her baby wasn't due until around July 10th. They had to keep Suzanne in the hospital to monitor her blood pressure. She was admitted on Tuesday, and by Friday, June 10th her situation had escalated to the point where they had to perform an emergency c-section under general anesthesia.
It was a very scary situation and we were very worried about Suzanne's life. Luckily, in the end, everything turned out well and she gave birth to a beautiful daughter. I had the opportunity to hold my new niece and feed her and change her diaper and love her up in the hospital for a few days. I'm back at home now, and I miss her. :)
 Meet my new niece:
Irene Rose Suitor
5lbs. 7oz.
19" tall

Here's looking forward to a wonderful summer ahead...

No comments: