Sunday, June 19, 2011

Funny Bone

Claire is such a funny girl. She really has a good sense of humor even at this young age. She knows the things to say and the way to say them, to get a good laugh. She's very quirky and observant of the humor that surrounds us. She often rolls her eyes up to the top of her head when telling you a story, whenever I dress her she always acts like she is missing an arm or elbow, depending on what gets stuck in her shirt. She is also our hound dog, as we like to call her. She has a great sense of smell. She can smell anything that might be cooking in the kitchen or anything in the air. Her best complaint is, "Mom, I smell something!" She is super social. She goes up to kids three times her age and says, "Hi, what's your name? I'm Claire." To know Claire is to love her.

I had an older man come up to me the other day at church who said that Claire was the cutest girl he'd ever seen. He then said he sat behind us at church the week before. I thought he'd be asking me for an apology. :) He started telling me about what he saw Claire do during church. He told us how when we all stood up for the intermediate hymn that Claire sat her bag of cookies right on the bench behind Robert, when Bruce tried to move the bag she motioned to him to leave it there, and then sat still watching Robert out of the corner of her eye. When the song was over Robert sat down on the bag of cookies. Claire burst out laughing and Robert and I had a good laugh as well. The guy was laughing so hard while telling me the story that he had tears rolling down his face. He said, "You either have a funny bone or you don't, and she's got it!"  I agree.  We love this girl. She keeps us on our toes and keeps our house full of laughter. She is VERY independent and determined and funny and great.
 A picture is worth a thousand words...



1 comment:

Pamela said...

I would have loved to see Claire put those cookies under Robert. How cute. It sounds like she's developed such a fun personality.