Palm Springs, CA - Where Linda's Story Began...
Oh Linda, how I love you.
I found out that you were on the way when your big brother was only 6months old! I've heard parents say, after having their first child, that they can't imagine loving their second child as much as their first. That wasn't the case for me. I loved your big brother so much that I knew it would be just as wonderful to have a second child to love just the same. I remember getting the ultrasound done and the Dr. telling me that I had a little GIRL on the way. I was overcome and a few tears rolled down my cheek. I was so excited to have my first little girl! I don't remember discussing too many names when we were trying to decide what to name you. My mom and your grandma is named Linda. Daddy and I agreed immediately on that name. How could we go wrong by naming you after the woman I admire most. I loved going through all of the pink clothes and decor that came with having a girl. Your brother liked to hug my tummy that was very big with you inside. Daddy was ready to meet his first daughter.
Linda, you were such a beautiful baby. You had big blue eyes and lots of dark brown hair. You never lost either one of those. You had big chubby cheeks and a perfectly round little head. You were an angel. You have pretty much looked the same since you were born. You've grown taller and your cheeks are slightly smaller but you remain as beautiful as ever...inside and out.
Linda, you have kept me on my toes. You were one of my great climbers. You climbed the kitchen counters, the bathroom counters, chairs, beds and anything else that looked exciting. You were in to everything, you didn't miss a beat, even sticking a magnet up your nose which required a late night visit to the ER. Lucky for both of us you sneezed it out in the waiting room. :) You have always been very clever and sneaky and intelligent. A deadly combination. :)
Linda, you love to play school and be the teacher. You love hugs and kisses. You love talking to your Aunts and Grandma Linda on the phone. You love to write letters to people. You love books and going to the library. You love having friends.You love barbies and babies. You love dressing up in my clothes and putting on makeup. You love being a girl and I'm excited for all the firsts we'll have together as you grow up. You're excited about Girls Scouts and earning badges. You are very smart and you like school and like doing your homework. You love arts and crafts. You love animals. The other day you declared to me that you didn't eat dead animals, that you just like to look at animals, not kill them. :)
Linda, I am so happy we have been able to spend your first 6yrs. together. You are a wonderful little girl with endless potential. What I love the most about you is your quiet confidence. You have a great capacity to love. I hope you always remember how special you are to Heavenly Father and to those who know and love you.
Much Love,
Mommy

No comments:
Post a Comment