Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Proud Mom

My primary president had been telling me that she had a blog and I finally found it today. I was scrolling through her posts and found this gem about my daughter, Jane. It made me cry, and my heart swell, that someone also sees in Jane what Robert and I see on a daily basis. For those that don't know, Jane was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Juvenile Arthritis in January of this year.

I love being with the Primary children on Sunday. My counselors and I leave Sacrament Meeting a little early so we can set up the chairs. One of my counselors often brings her children to help. Jane is a sweet 4-year-old. She is amazing when it comes to arranging the chairs. She drags chairs that are bigger than she is into place.

Jane is fearless. She and I have arthritis in our knees, and we both take medication. There are days that my mobility is not great, and my knees hurt. Jane’s mother tells me that she insists on doing what everyone else is doing. She does not give up. I love her “Can Do” spirit. She is one of my heroes.

2 comments:

Robert Thompson said...

Jane is one tough girl, and she won't admit when she feels pain. We went walking doors for Steve Gronke and she never quit, she ran up to each door and hung the paper. I think we walked close to 3 miles.

Stephanie Pilling said...

This makes me want to cry--she is so sweet. We can all learn from her example of "can do" spirit!