Monday, September 20, 2010

I'm being crafty!

I find myself with a little more time to work on projects and I've had this black mirror sitting around in my closet since January. It really doesn't go with our house and I've been wanting to get some more color.
Here is the transformation.
Here it is originally.
Next, I primed it...
I spray painted it an Ocean Breeze blue.

Next, I glazed it. I was scared! I brushed the black tinted glaze on and then wiped it off. It really brings out the details.
I can't wait to put it up. I'm going to get chairs and throw pillows to match.(eventually)

7 comments:

Crystal said...

Wow! The mirror turned out great. I didn't know you were so crafty. It seems you have many hidden talents.

Koni Prettyman said...

good job KaDee. I see you have been reading the blogs! That is one of the favorite colors :) Then you glazed it! Awesome. We will have to hit the garage sales one Saturday morning and find more things to paint!

Cyndi The Great said...

That looks great! I would have been too scared to prime it myself so good job for going that extra mile! I just got a side table at Home goods that has that same sorta flower florish on it. I think there's actually a name for that, but whatever. lol I'll have to send you a picture! It was only $30! :)

mamadonna said...

How fun! Good job, KaDee! What room?

KaDee said...

It'll eventually find it's home in our formal living room. aka-the soccer field.

Ginger said...

LOVE IT! nice job!!!

Stephanie Pilling said...

So cute! I especially like how the glaze sets off the detail. Nice job!