Robert - Robert loves playing soccer with Bruce and the two of them are always talking strategy and moves. Robert has been eating right and exercising and losing weight.
KaDee - I'm still at home full-time with the kids. I'm getting used to the new dynamic of only having two kids at home in the day during the week. Reality hit me hard this year that Jane will be starting school next year and that Claire won't be too far behind. It makes me sad but also makes me excited for a new phase in my life. Change is inevitable and I'm going to make the best of it. But as hard as it is to have 4 young kids at home, and trust me, some days are really hard, my kids are my friends and I miss them when they're not around. Sometime in the near future I will start taking some online classes. I'm working out a lot at home and getting healthy. I go on walks and have recently started a Jillian Michaels video which is whipping me in to shape. My bike is ordered and on it's way too.
Bruce - Playing soccer and wants to start flag football. He is very active and likes to be good at everything he does. At his first swimming lessons he was baffled that he couldn't just swim on the first try. This was not acceptable to him. :) He was swimming at the next lesson. It's hard to believe Bruce is already 7, and the thought of him being baptised next year is pretty amazing. He is a funny kid and he is always teasing me. He was the first Star Student in his class at school this week.
Linda - Ohhh my Linda. Linda never stops. She is always thinking, creating, imagining. She doesn't watch tv very often. She'd rather be off exploring and playing. She has recently been getting herself in to lots of trouble. Just now I looked over and see her name written on the closet. :)She likes putting on makeup, and dressing up is her absolute favorite. She is really interested in clothes and creating things. I decided that her and I should start learning how to sew. I think that's right up her alley. The school is offering tennis and I'm considering signing her up. A real sport where you can wear a cute skirt while playing. PERFECT. :) Bottom line, you have to keep Linda busy. Linda is a bright light. I know she is going to be very successful at anything she wants to do in this life.
Jane - Jane is ready for school! She'll start Kinder next year and she is ready. She will be taking swimming lessons twice a week through the Fall which she is excited about. Jane is very active. This is good because her arthritis Dr. says that the more active she is, the better. Today I went on a walk with the two little ones and she was determined to walk and not ride in the stroller. She would walk until her legs were super tired then take a break in the stroller. She also completed the entire workout video with me. She likes to learn and loves to play with friends. To know Jane is to love her.
Claire - Claire is such a happy girl. Really, she is just always a joy to be around. She talks really well, probably better at this age then any of the other kids. It's funny to hear her talk to me sometimes. She still is so tiny. Claire will not be left out of anything the big kids get to do. She is brave...too brave at times. She LOVES to eat and is constantly doing it. She loves cheeses and meats and anything with a lot of flavor. She doesn't like sweet stuff too much. Where'd this kid come from? :) She is looking more like a little girl and not like a baby. She is spunky and fun.
That's about it for us. Still trying to settle in to our home. We really enjoy Oceanside and the weather here. It's perfect. The ocean breeze is amazing.
My mom was here staying with us for a couple of months while she was between apartments. It was so nice to have her here. It was nice having a friend and adult around in the days. She was a huge help with the kids.
We're excited to settle in and live life in California for years to come.
1 comment:
KaDee you are going to cherish this entry when they've grown. You are a great mom that truly loves her kids.
Post a Comment