So, last night our family is riding the very slow train that takes you around the Six Flags grounds. We're about halfway through the trip when one of the girls working on the train, steps off the train and falls flat on her face. The first thing on my mind was, "is this part of the ride, some kind of funny show or something?" The girl remained completely lifeless on the ground. I knew something was wrong.
So, I jump off the train and start asking, "Are you okay?? Can you hear me?" all the time pushing on her shoulder trying to get a response. I was the only one doing anything and the other train workers were just standing there doing NOTHING as was everyone else on the train. I tried to get her pulse on her wrist but couldn't find it(I'm terrible at that). So I know that I need to roll her over to make sure she has a heartbeat and that she is breathing. I can't get her over because she was a thicker girl and it was dead weight so I scream, "Somebody help me and somebody call an ambulance!" Finally a guy from the back of the train runs up and helps me get her over, then he goes back to his seat. I found a heartbeat and could feel her breath on my hand. What a relief! I was fully prepared to start CPR.
She remained totally unconscious for a while then her eyes started rolling back in her head and they were twitching and then she had some twitches in her legs. I'm pretty sure she was having some type of seizure. (by the way, nobody is there to help her yet and the girls that work there just then call in for the supervisor to come.) All the while I'm holding this girls hand and putting my hand on her cheek and telling her it's going to be okay and that someone is coming soon to help her. A couple times her body tries to sit up and I have to tell her to lay still and not move.
So, then the helpful workers tell me to get back on the train. So I tell them, if I get back on the train then one of you needs to sit by her and hold her hand until help arrives. I start getting on the train and the girls just walk off. So, I'm back off the train next to this poor girl thinking that if this were my daughter lying on the concrete having a seizure I'd want someone next to her comforting her.
FINALLY the suprevisor WALKS up to us and starts trying to make jokes to her and a few minutes later a medical guy that works for six flags comes up and start asking her questions in which she finally is able to make some noise in response to. He didn't take her pulse or anything. By the time we left she was still on the ground with the "medical guy". I hope they took her to the hospital. I worried about her all night.
7 comments:
That is insane. I'd be calling corprate or something to complain. Way to take care of the employees. It's a good thing you were there.
whoa! i can't believe no one else was willing to step in and help! i agree with lisa, someone should know their employees are ding bats!
That is really weird...why in the world did nobody help? And why did they ask you to get back on the train and then walk away from her? That is just crazy!! Did you complain or anything? It was a good thing you were there!
I think it had to do with all of the workers being teenagers. It was really strange.
By the way, Robert was holding the baby and trying to keep the other 3 kids on the train during this fiasco.
You are amazing KaDee! I would definitely complain to the corporate office. This is rediculious. If you need help finguring out who to report this to let me know and I will help you find the right people. The employees need some training in COMPASSION and human decency. It's scarry that nobody was willing to help--especially the employees. The girl who passed out doesn't know exactly what happened, but you do and it would be a shame if something like this happened in the future and nobody helped.
I just don't even have the energy to complain or make a fuss.
Six Flags is in Maryland in a Prince George's County...aka the most dangerous county in the country. I think that's just how it is there sadly enough.
I agree with a previous commenter--this is something I would send to the Six Flags corporate level--via email, letter, and possibly even the press.
Post a Comment