Thursday, August 2, 2012

Surgery Is Over With

Claire had her surgery yesterday. They removed the cyst from her neck. She was a champ about the whole thing. We're glad it's behind us.
She got her hospital bracelet which was her ticket to a Popsicle at the end of the surgery. She kept saying she wanted a purple one...her favorite color.
 Three cheers for cartoons which she watched while we waited for her turn. She was happy they had a purple gown for her.
 Nurse Ashley promised to take good care of her. They said I could come in if I thought she'd have a total meltdown but they'd rather I didn't. I knew she would be alright. The staff was amazing and made her feel very comfortable.
 Off to surgery. She was so brave. Not one tear, and she was aware of what was going to happen. I was nervous waiting for my pager to go off that would tell me she was out of surgery. Robert was totally calm.
The surgery only took about 45min. The pager went off and we met with the surgeon first. He said that the tissue in the cyst looked like healthy tissue, which is a very good sign. He said she did great and there were no problems. We will get official results on the 17th. They removed the cyst and some surrounding tissue.
About 10min. later we got to go back to see our sweet girl.
 Her comments,
"The mask they put on me wasn't silly, mom."
"I was coughing with the mask on."
"I kept trying to open my eyes but they just kept closing."
 As luck would have it, they did have purple Popsicles!! This was her tired, groggy moments before her uncomfortable, I want to go home moment.
She was very uncomfortable yesterday after we came home, but with Tylenol she felt great. She took a good 5hr. nap which I woke her up from to eat and take Tylenol. Today she wants the bandage off but is doing really well. She will have a scar. I'm interested to see how big or little the incision is.
Today's comments from her.
"I can't believe I got my bump out mom."
"It hurt when they took my bump out."

2 comments:

Ginger said...

What a sweetheart. I am cracking up about not being able to keep her eyes open, :)Claire is a special girl!

mamadonna said...

Her take on things is so interesting! So glad she did so well.