Sunday, April 10, 2011

Anniversary Trip 2011

Robert and I got back tonight from a great anniversary trip. We stayed in Long Beach, CA but we went all over Burbank, Hollywood, Santa Monica, San Pedro, Anaheim, and Los Angeles. Unfortunately, our pictures didn't turn out very clear. :( One day I'll invest in a really nice camera.

We went on a dinner/dance cruise on the Spirit. The food was great and it was really relaxing. Good music and good company. It left out of San Pedro and took us over to Long Beach and back.
We went to a live taping of Conan. We're big Conan fans. He was hilarious, and it was a really fun experience. We didn't have tickets so you can see us below hanging out waiting for standby tickets.
Proof that we got in!
Trust me, it's us. :)
We went to a play...
We went to the new visitors center at the LA temple. I took this picture. The visitors center was really nice. It reminded me a lot of the DC temple visitors center.
A picture of Robert and I outside of our hotel in Long Beach.
We went to an Anaheim Ducks hockey game. It was so much fun. Don't let this pic fool you. It was a sold out crowd and by the time it started it was packed in there. The Ducks won and secured a place in the playoffs. It's been a long time since I've been to a hockey game. It's a fun sport to watch.
While Robert and I had a great time away, our kids had a great time with  my family in the desert. They flied kites, went to Chuck E Cheese, had 3 days of gymnastics camp, watched movies, played games and had a fabulous time.

5 comments:

Ginger said...

I've been excited to hear about your trip. What a blast!

Sharla said...

It sounds like such good fun! We went to Conan a couple of months ago-- loved it! Meet you there next time. ;) How did you like the play? I've actually had my eye on that one!

KaDee said...

Sharla, the play was funny but I wouldn't recommend it.

Robert Thompson said...

I would not recommend it either. Great actors, bad play, bad language.

mamadonna said...

Wow! What a great trip. both you and the kids! You are creating great memories. :)