Monday, March 7, 2011

Family Update

Robert - Last week was Robert's 3yr. anniversary with the federal government. It's hard to believe it's been that long. It seems like just yesterday that we moved to DC and he started that position. He continues to do well and is now in a supervisory position which he is happy about.  He also serves in the stake Sunday school presidency as 2nd counselor. He continues to love watching soccer, coming up with business ideas, and dreaming of a trip to Argentina.

KaDee - I continue to serve in the young women's organization at our church. It's a great calling. I especially love being able to go to Sunday school with Robert. I just got asked to speak in sacrament meeting on the 20th. I've been in the ward well over a year, so I guess it's my turn. I'm adjusting to quiet days at home with the little girls. I'm finding that I actually have time to do some things that I enjoy now and I have a few things I'd love to start...I'll keep you posted.

Bruce - Bruce is just getting taller every day. He is excellent at math and loves riddles and jokes. He started Spring soccer and finally had his first game last Saturday. He scored two goals. The last two games were rained out. He likes school and has a lot of friends there. His speech teacher says that he should be able to graduate sometime this year.

Linda - Linda loves crafts and keeping busy. I call her our artistic director around the house. She comes up with obstacles courses, crafts, clubs, and games for all the kids to play. She is still enjoying ballet and tap. She likes to sing and she always has a song in her heart. Linda likes to take her time and sees no reason to hurry. I went on a field trip with her to a play and the beach last week. It was a great day together.

Jane - She's counting down the days until Kindergarten. She will love every second of it, although I've gotten a little teary about it lately. How fast they grow! Jane likes to play games on the computer. She loves to cuddle. She can now read small words and make it through some of our beginner books. She will start swimming lessons in April. She loves to play with friends.

Claire - Claire continues to love food. It's a joy to feed her. She especially loves vegetables. After a couple picky kids it's a breath of fresh air. She is very independent and keeps right up with the big kids. She likes to talk to people on the phone, jump on the trampoline, go to nursery, and explore.

1 comment:

Erin said...

six hours of annual leave, baby!!! :-)