Thursday, March 10, 2011

Bruce made the team!

For the past two Wednesdays Bruce has been going to tryouts for the competitive soccer team in Vista. We got a handout at school that they were having tryouts. Since it's free to try out we thought Bruce would have fun. The coach called me this morning and said they'd love to have Bruce on their team! The first thing I asked was if they played on Sundays. He said they did play a few games each year on Sunday. I told him that Sunday was our sabbath and that Bruce wouldn't be able to play those games, and asked if that would be  a problem. He said that there were a lot of kids in the league that also didn't play on Sunday and that it wasn't a problem. He said some of his best players don't play Sunday and that the league would be foolish not to let those kids play. I was really happy with his response and grateful to the other parents in the league that are setting good examples.
Bruce is going to be really excited when I tell him after school. We're really proud of how hard he has worked. He has come a long way from his first team in VA. He is still in the middle of playing recreational soccer in Oside. Go Bruce!

No comments: