Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Old School

I sent Bruce and Linda's former teachers in Virginia our new address. These were their responses. The note from Linda's teacher made me cry. It's hard to take your kids out of a great situation and in to the unknown. However, the kids are doing really well here and are happy and enjoy their new school and teachers.

"Hi Bruce!
We all miss you so much! We hope you are doing well at your new school and that you have found some new friends. Thanks for sending us your new address!
How do you like your new home?
The Might Ducks"
(Bruce's class named themselves the Mighty Ducks)

"Hi there California Family!
Thanks so much for writing and I am glad you made it there safely. I have discussed it with the class and we hope to be sending letters or drawings to Linda soon. It is quite funny...anytime we see the color pink or a heart, somebody mentions her. I am glad that she enjoyed the gifts. She was a gift to us! :) Take care and keep in touch.
Denise"
(each child in Linda's class had a symbol and Linda's was a pink heart)

1 comment:

Ginger said...

they will be loved wherever they go!!