The Home:
Tomorrow(Tuesday) we move in to our new home and real life will begin. I can't sleep so I got up to browse the Internet. I feel very anxious about moving in to our home tomorrow. It's like our official start out here and it feels like the first day of school or something. Things have happened very fast. We are very ready to have our own place and the kids can't wait to see inside the house and to have a backyard and to be able to run and jump and play without having to worry about neighbors living underneath us. Grandpa took the big van, which is full of our things and the trailer which is full as well, down to the new house tonight. He put the trailer in the garage and the van is in the driveway. The kids and I will head down in the morning and do as much as we can in the day. Grandpa and Robert will do the heavier things in the evening.
The Job:
Robert started his new job today and thinks things will go well. He was very pleasently surprised when he was taken to his big corner office with two big windows overlooking Orange County. This is a huge step up from the small cubical with no way of seeing outside in DC. He drove to work today and made great time. He works 6:30am - 3:30pm and has every other Friday off. Nice!
The School:
Well, when I went and saw Bruce and Linda's assigned school the other day I did not have a good feeling about it. So, today I went down to the Oceanside School District offices and filed a transfer to get the kids moved to a different school. Long story short...I should know in 2days if the transfer will be possible. I listed two schools that we really like, so hopefully that will help with the odds. The schools will be a little longer of a drive for me, but I won't let my kids go on the school bus anyway...and like I told Robert, the kids are my full-time job. If I have to drive a little for them to be in a better situation, it's no problem with me. That's what I get paid the big bucks for. :)
The Ward:
We went to our new ward on Sunday and we are very happy with it. There is a decent size primary and the kids enjoyed their classes. Jane went to Sunbeams with no problem. Robert and I recognized some people from when we lived in Oside long ago. Now we just wait for callings. Claire starts Nursery next week and we're excited about that. The ward is a good mix of people and I think we'll be happy there.
So, there's a little update for you.
1 comment:
Glad you are starting to get setttled :) We miss you but I am happy you are near family and away from all this SNOW!
Post a Comment