Sunday, October 4, 2009

The Big Change...what we know so far

(Oceanside Pier)

This week Robert got verbal approval for a transfer with the SBA to the Santa Ana, California(Orange County) office. This is Big news for us and means that we may be making another move across the country. We have not been given a exact time frame so we'll keep you posted as we learn more details. We're guessing it will be early next year.

Right now the plan is for us to move to Oceanside, California(near San Diego) and Robert would take the Coaster train to commute in. His commute will be 30min. shorter each way than it is here in DC. I was living in Oceanside when Robert and I met and Robert and I lived in Oceanside when we were first married. Bruce was born there. We love it and we love the beach. We will live close to most of both of our families which will be really nice.

It will be sad to leave behind our life here in Virginia and all of our wonderful friends and our good ward. Overall, we are so happy and know this is where the Lord would have our family live.

4 comments:

Pamela said...

I am so sad for me, but so happy for you. I can't believe you may be leaving us. Not that four hours away is right next door, Richard and I have loved having you live so close. Keep us posed on the details.

Darbee said...

Wow! That is such exciting news! Congratulations to you all. We will miss you guys like crazy, but are so thrilled for you with this next adventure. Keep us posted!

Mallory said...

How exciting! Congrats! I'm not too sure what I'll do without you! -ya know what I mean? and thanks for sharing your delicious cobbler recipe!! yum! yum!

Brent said...

Wow, you just can't seem to keep the Thompsons from leaving Virginia fto head back to California (a choice that is probably much easier to make when it's winter in Fairfax). That's fantastic for you guys! Good luck with everything once you know when you'll be going and such. We were glad we got to know you while we were still in Virginia.