Sunday, October 18, 2009

Primary Program

Once a year at our church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, they have the primary program where children ages 3-11yrs. old sing and do talking parts in sacrament meeting(our main meeting of worship). Today we had our primary program. This is the 3rd primary program that I've been primary president for. The kids did such a great job. I was so proud of how reverent the children were and how they tried their best to sing all of the songs. During the program I had to keep wiping tears from my eyes as I could feel the Spirit so strong. I could feel the love our Heavenly Father has for these children and the faith these children have put in their church leaders and parents to teach them what Heavenly Father would have them know. I am so grateful for the primary organization in our church. It is truly inspired. The world does not expect much out of these young children, but we know that Heavenly Father has prepared a way for them to be righteous examples in this sometimes scary world. I am happy to serve them and love them so much.

Linda's Part:
"Heavenly Father gave us parents to love and care for us."
Bruce's Part:
"I will also be confirmed and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost will guide me and help keep me safe."

1 comment:

Pamela said...

The primary program is always my favorite. It's always great to see the kids sing. I wish we could have been there. Maybe the kids can recite their parts in the program or sing some of the songs for us next week when we come down (if the temple is open). We would love to hear them. Not having a primary in our branch we definitely miss out on these special meetings.