Sunday, September 13, 2009

The Pressure Is On!

The following is a part of an email the ward recieved about our upcoming ward activity.

"Don't forget to put this fun Fairfax Ward activity on your calendar!! Also, bring your chili and/or pie/cobbler for everyone to taste so you can win!! Last year's champions Robert Thompson (chili) and KaDee Thompson (pie/cobbler) are returning to see if they can hold on to their titles!!"

We'll post results this weekend!

4 comments:

Danny Heid said...

Dang, now that sounds like an awesome ward activity!

I guess if you can't win a chili cookoff, you just keep moving East until you find a ward with weak competition! Post those results, and bring some Chili to Charlotte! :)

Loving the blog guys.....beautiful family.

Nataluscious said...

Good luck! And can we get to the really important information... posting the recipes?

Darbee said...

You might just have some new competition with the Beynon's this year. We make a mean chili... actually, my mother in law does and I'm going to attempt to do it justice. Can't wait! See you guys then!
BTW, your blog is darling... and your kids-- beautiful!

KaDee said...

looking forward to tasting your chili, Darbee.

I'll post our recipes this weekend Natalee.

It's always fun to try other chili's. There are so many different flavors and ways to make it...depending on where you're from usually.

I absolutely hate Cincinnati chili. It's very sweet with lots of cinnamon.

And, of course, being from New Mexico I LOVE my chili on top of fritos topped with sour cream and cheese. Yummy!