Robert and I had the opportunity to go to Alaska! We took the opportunity without kids to have a lot of fun together and it was great to be able to laugh and enjoy our week. However, everywhere we went I thought about how much the kids would love everything we were seeing. I missed them a ton by the end of the week. They were in good hands though.
We flew in to Anchorage, Alaska around 1:30 am, headed to the hotel to get a little sleep and then we were off adventuring. Our first stop was to rent bikes down by the Cook Inlet in Anchorage. The ride was 11 miles each way. It was so beautiful and the weather couldn't have been better. My legs burned and I could barely walk that night, but it was worth it. :)
We flew in to Anchorage, Alaska around 1:30 am, headed to the hotel to get a little sleep and then we were off adventuring. Our first stop was to rent bikes down by the Cook Inlet in Anchorage. The ride was 11 miles each way. It was so beautiful and the weather couldn't have been better. My legs burned and I could barely walk that night, but it was worth it. :)
The bald eagle was the animal we saw the most. They're magnificent. It looks small in the picture but it was over 5 feet tall. I spotted it flying and Robert was able to see where it landed. The kids were so excited that we got to see bald eagles, especially Claire.
We did our best to take some pictures, but when you're riding a bike and there are only two of you it makes it difficult.
Timer and a picnic table. :)
Some kind soul agreed to take a good picture of us when we were at the half way point of the trail.
Anchorage is in the background to the left.
After our loooong bike ride we walked around 4th Street and looked at the shops. We also tried reindeer hot dogs. Yes, they're a thing. The look on Robert's face should tell you how they taste. The city of Anchorage reminded us a lot of Albuquerque, where I grew up. In fact, Robert kept calling it Albuquerque the entire trip.









No comments:
Post a Comment