Monday, April 28, 2014

Kindergarten Summary

I know school isn't out for another month or so, but I thought I'd do a little review of the school year for each kid.


Claire loves, loves, loves school! We started the year off with an older, Hispanic teacher. I was concerned for two reasons. One, this teacher had a strong accent and Claire is working on her articulation. I wasn't sure how that was going to work. Second, although she was a very nice teacher, I wasn't sure she'd have the energy needed to keep up with Claire. Also, Claire was afternoon which I was hating because of how difficult drop off and pick up were turning out to be.
A few days in to school they were asking certain children to move in to a new morning class they were creating. I was quick to volunteer! It turned out perfectly. Claire's new teacher, Mrs. Shrom, has been so full of energy and can keep Claire's attention. We love that she got to  start in the mornings because Linda can walk her to class.
Claire has learned so much. She does really well at reading and her teacher is impressed with her math. Her favorite thing is recess.
Claire is really social so it's no wonder that she has a lot of friends that she looks forward to seeing everyday. She has had a great year and I'm a little sad she has to move up to 1st grade next year.
These kids just keep growing up.
Here's Claire with one of her friend.

No comments: