So a few weeks ago Jane said there was blood in the toilet when she peed. She continued to have blood in her urine each time she peed that day. The next day she had a lot of pain when urinating.
So I took her in to the Dr. They did see traces of blood in her urine and they assumed it was a urinary tract infection and started her on antibiotics. A couple days later I got a call saying the labs said it was NOT a urinary tract infection so to stop medication and just let her know if it ever happens again.
So, last Sunday she was peeing a lot of blood again. The next day she had pain when urinating. Today we are doing another urinalysis and getting kidney ultra sounds done this afternoon. Depending on results she may refer us to a kidney specialist.
RESULTS:
Yesterday I took Jane down to San Diego to talk to a Urologist that had reviewed all of her test results. He didn't seem overly concerned, but he also still has no idea why there was blood in her urine. It could possibly be her body just working something out on its own. The ultrasound of the bladder showed that there were blood clots floating around in her bladder. There really is no explanation for it right now. He'd like to have her do an ultra sound again with a full bladder and one more blood test, just to be on the safe side.
I'm not too worried about it anymore. I don't think we'll ever really know why that happened. In the meantime I'm trying to help her eat better and drink more water and maybe that we'll help.

No comments:
Post a Comment