Thursday, November 29, 2012

Linda's Baptism Day

Her TWO white dresses. It was so sweet seeing them together and realizing how much my little girl has grown. The lady that made my wedding dress for me made Linda's blessing dress, using the same material that she made my wedding dress from. The baptism dress was made by my mother-in-law. She made it for me from the skirt of my wedding dress. I picked out a dress I liked and she was able to make it just like it. It was perfect and Linda looked beautiful. She actually wore this dress to be baptized in. We found another cute white dress for after. Why have one great dress when you can have two?! :)
She was baptized on Thanksgiving morning. It was nice to start the day being thankful for my sweet Linda and also for the gospel of Jesus Christ. She was baptized and confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints by Robert.
Robert got really sick the day before the baptism. I prayed really hard that he would be well enough to baptize and confirm Linda. He felt terrible, but made it through!
We were so happy to have so many attend Linda's baptism on their Thanksgiving morning. We had family and also members of the ward there to support Linda in her special day. I gave a talk and so did her Aunt Suzanne. We had a lot of family members pitch in to help with the program. The spirit was so strong at her baptism and I could feel the love our Heavenly Father has for Linda and for all of His children.
 Grandpa and Linda's annual birthday picture.

No comments: