Wednesday, January 25, 2012

33 Years Blessed

Today I turned thirty-three years old.  As I look back on the last thirty-three years there were a few  specific things I am very grateful for in my life.

I'm grateful the Lord let me have such a wonderful mother. She has always stuck by me, through the good and the bad. When my father left, she held our family together through love and sacrifice. Where would I be without her? I speak to hear almost daily for advice and for her friendship. I love and admire her.

I'm grateful to be a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I know it is Christ's restored church on the earth. It has provided me with guidance and standards, and most importantly the knowledge that I am a child of God and that he will always love me. This knowledge has made all the difference in the world to me.

I am grateful for the Saviour. He has never given up on me, and  I certainly feel I've given him reason to. Even in my darkest hour when I had basically given up on myself, He put people and circumstances in my life to help me find my way. He is my friend and my advocate.

I'm grateful for my brother & sisters. I've heard the quote, "Sisters are different flowers, from the same garden." I love that quote. My sisters and I are all very different. We have a lot going on in our individual lives. But when push comes to shove, we would sacrifice anything for each other. I have been able to depend on them in hard times and I've been able to change and make important decisions with their advice. Who needs friends? I have sisters.

I'm grateful for my babies. How did I get so lucky to have such a wonderful son, and three beautiful daughters? They are my world. I learn from them each day, and find myself trying to be more like them. I try so hard to be a good mother to them so that in hard times they will always know they can come to me and that I will always love them. I enjoy being a full time mother. It is the most important job I will ever do. It is the only thing by which I think I'll ever be able to measure my success by.

I'm grateful for Robert. I know I was supposed to marry him. He loves me no matter what. I'd never been able to say that about a guy until I met him. I've never felt so secure than when I'm with him. I know that no matter where we are, apart or together, that I love him and that he loves me. It has given me wings to fly. He is my partner. I love him very much. We can accomplish anything together.

No comments: