Dear Bruce,
Not too long after your dad and I were married we were driving down the road in Oceanside and out of nowhere the thought came to my mind that it was time for us to start our family and have a child. It really caught me off gaurd. I was not the girl that grew up picking out baby names or thinking of what I'd do when I was a mom. I really never even thought I'd get married and having a child didn't cross my mind until that very second in the truck. I hesitantly asked your dad, "So, do you think we should try to have a baby?" I was hoping that he'd say I was silly because we hadn't been married long. He thought about it a second then agreed he thought it was time as well. We looked at each other like, whoa this is crazy! Right then I was filled with excitement and for the first time the possibility of becoming a mother was a reality to me.
Six months later I found out I was pregnant with a pregnancy test. I am not a patient person and I had taken a test each of those prior six months that were negative. When I saw that positive sign I was filled with disbelief and happiness all at the same time. I called your dad at work and told him. He was shocked and happy as well. We could not believe we had a baby on the way.
On August 12th, 2003 I had a c-section and my big baby boy was born. You were breech and 9lbs. 3oz. Since I had you by c-section I didn't get to see you immediately when you were born. I heard your high pitched cry and it literally took my breath away. A true miracle. This little spirit sent to your dad and I to watch over, protect, and help guide back to our Heavenly Father. I was overwhelmed and for the first time I felt the love a mother has for a child.
Bruce, you have grown to be such a good person. You love math, charts, maps, building Lego's, playing soccer, learning, riding your bike, boogie boarding, chess, & games. You are so kind. The other night I gave each of you guys a piece of my candy bar. After handing out pieces to everyone I wasn't left with anything. Everyone ran away eating their piece but you gave your piece back to me so that I could have some too. You are a good example to your friends. You are so confident and I hope you never let anyone take that away from you. You are very coordinated and athletic and you are great at everything you do because you listen and work hard.
I love that you call me "Mama". I love that you still love hugs and kisses from me. I love that you are so funny. I love that you take good care of your sisters. I love that you answer questions at church and that you love your Heavenly Father. I love that you help me with directions when we drive places. :) I love how much you look up to your dad. I love that you're my only son. I love that you are mine forever. I love that you love me.
Happy Birthday my friend Bruce. I love you forever.
1 comment:
What a beautiful letter he'll treasure forever! :-)
Post a Comment