The kids found this big beehive in our backyard! Gross! If you look closely you can see hundreds of bees piled on top of eachother. Robert says he's getting rid of it himself. I'm staying away. I've never been stung by a bee and I'm not going to start now.
5 comments:
Well, you obviously got close enough to take the picture! :) Wow - that is insane!
I was doing something in the house when Bruce said he thought he found a beehive in our backyard. I didn't really believe him and told him to go take a picture of it.
I was REALLY suprised when he showed me the picture. He got really close to it!
Guess I'll believe him next time. :)
I wonder if there's a way to get a beekeeper in to take it away without harming the hive. If these are the kind of bees that are depleting rapidly and are in need, it might be a viable option.
I've seen this before at a place I use to work where the bees were all piled on top of each other like that. It can be 2 things, they're either there resting and on their way to find a good spot for a hive and they'll leave in a day or so, OR that is the spot they decided to make a new hive. HOpefully it's the first one. Good luck, go Robert!
P.S. Don't let Scott come over till their gone, hehe.
Don't let Robert do this! You need to know if these are African Bees. If so, and anyone disturbs them, they swarm and attack people. They can literally kill a person. The honey bees are bad enough but African bees are deadly. Please be careful and wise about this. Try calling animal control or something and see if they can help or tell you who can. There are agency that track African bees.
Post a Comment