Friday, May 21, 2010
Beeswax
So I talked to a beekeeper yesterday on the phone. He siad the bees were "swarming" and looking for a place to live. They huddle together like in the previous picture and decide if that is a good place for the hive. If not, they move on. It's crazy that there was no hive under those bees, it was just hundreds of bees stuck together! He said it was very rare for bees to start a hive so out in the open like that. They usually look for a secluded, dark place. He said to give it 24hrs. to see if they relocated. The bees are usually off working in the days and then back at dusk. So, around noon the bees flew away. They left behind a some beeswax which made me think they might be returning. I had Robert break the beeswax branch off of our tree. That seemed to do the trick. The bees have not returned. Victory. :) It has been very interesting to learn about the life of bees, but I'm glad they're gone.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I am so glad you called a beekeeper. That is safer than doing it yourself. Good Job!!
Post a Comment